I am going to start by talking about the walk that I take to get here. Here, is the Post Office on CCCP Drive in Biro.
It is about a 20 minute walk although I tell everyone it is a 15 minute walk. To me you can walk anywhere and it is only 15 minutes. Along the way I walk past a number of Apartments and stores and depending on the time of day all sorts of characters from school children, workers, Moms walking babies and the like. I saw a fellow who had obviously had a bit to drink one day. It was fun just to watch him navigate the curbs! Just before I get here I walk past a huge statue of Lenin, it really is something to see and I wonder while I walk by if the people that see him today truly understand his impact not only on Russia and the USSR but also his global impact and influence? Something tells me not like they should.
Behind Lenin is the maternity hospital where Yulia was born. I say thank you each time I pass it.
I am here today to check our email. The Department of Education, they manage adoptions, sent the two birth pictures of Yulia to our email address so Amanda wants to be sure we have them. I will check after I update.
Yesterday was wonderful. I arrived back to find that Yulia was still asleep and shortly after she woke up. We played in the afternoon and Kaelan and I took her out for about a 40 minute walk. Amanda stayed behind to clean up and wait for the crib to arrive.
When my 2 girls and I got back from the walk Natasha was there. No crib, the man who has a van was not in town so we could not have it brought over. No matter, there is enough room in the bed.
We fed Yulia dinner, Kaelan chooses the menu for each meal. After dinner more playing and then a BATH! Yulia was quite uncertain about the bath and KK jumped in with her. I have to tell you she did not cry, we could tell she was nervous by the fact her body was as stiff as a 2X4! After her bath quiet time. She was great although you could tell she was a bit out of sorts, no friends, no crib, no caregivers. It took her a while but she fell asleep about 9 pm. I was not long after her.
Okay...she sleeps like Anya...yes thrashing about like a hurricane! Anya is our niece for those wondering. Both Amanda and I had somewhat restless nights...I told Kaelan that it was like the first night I slept with Amanda..I didn't get much sleep but I was really happy.
When Yulia woke she opened her eyes and a huge smile greeted Amanda. She rolled over and I got the biggest smile too. It was amazing, it was like she was thinking..It's not a dream! I really do have a Family. Within seconds she sat up saying DA DA..looking for Kaelan. An excited screeched greeted KK as she came over to say good morning.
Amanda ran out today to get some things and left Yulia with KK and I. Yulia sat with KK while she did her Math.
Life cannot get much better than it was today!
It is about a 20 minute walk although I tell everyone it is a 15 minute walk. To me you can walk anywhere and it is only 15 minutes. Along the way I walk past a number of Apartments and stores and depending on the time of day all sorts of characters from school children, workers, Moms walking babies and the like. I saw a fellow who had obviously had a bit to drink one day. It was fun just to watch him navigate the curbs! Just before I get here I walk past a huge statue of Lenin, it really is something to see and I wonder while I walk by if the people that see him today truly understand his impact not only on Russia and the USSR but also his global impact and influence? Something tells me not like they should.
Behind Lenin is the maternity hospital where Yulia was born. I say thank you each time I pass it.
I am here today to check our email. The Department of Education, they manage adoptions, sent the two birth pictures of Yulia to our email address so Amanda wants to be sure we have them. I will check after I update.
| Ekaterina Vinogradova - Ministry of Education |
| Yulia - Birth Photo |
| Yulia - Data Base Photo |
Yesterday was wonderful. I arrived back to find that Yulia was still asleep and shortly after she woke up. We played in the afternoon and Kaelan and I took her out for about a 40 minute walk. Amanda stayed behind to clean up and wait for the crib to arrive.
When my 2 girls and I got back from the walk Natasha was there. No crib, the man who has a van was not in town so we could not have it brought over. No matter, there is enough room in the bed.
We fed Yulia dinner, Kaelan chooses the menu for each meal. After dinner more playing and then a BATH! Yulia was quite uncertain about the bath and KK jumped in with her. I have to tell you she did not cry, we could tell she was nervous by the fact her body was as stiff as a 2X4! After her bath quiet time. She was great although you could tell she was a bit out of sorts, no friends, no crib, no caregivers. It took her a while but she fell asleep about 9 pm. I was not long after her.
Okay...she sleeps like Anya...yes thrashing about like a hurricane! Anya is our niece for those wondering. Both Amanda and I had somewhat restless nights...I told Kaelan that it was like the first night I slept with Amanda..I didn't get much sleep but I was really happy.
When Yulia woke she opened her eyes and a huge smile greeted Amanda. She rolled over and I got the biggest smile too. It was amazing, it was like she was thinking..It's not a dream! I really do have a Family. Within seconds she sat up saying DA DA..looking for Kaelan. An excited screeched greeted KK as she came over to say good morning.
Amanda ran out today to get some things and left Yulia with KK and I. Yulia sat with KK while she did her Math.
Life cannot get much better than it was today!

No comments:
Post a Comment