Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Day


We were ready to head home. Tired from a long trip, busy days and the excitement of bringing our little Baby Girl Home!

We awoke early as always and someone had a fever. Yulia!

Amanda had insisted that I head back on the subway to the Kremlin for a tour and the girls were going to do a bit more shopping. Yulia was in a good temperament but hot as heck. I wanted to stay with her so Kaelan could get out and knew all I would do was worry.

Amanda and Kaelan headed out. It was good for Yulia and I to have some alone time too. After a while and a nap the girls were back and we started thinking about dinner. Yulia was still in a good mood but hot. We took her temperature and it was 39.7......crap. Once we converted, we got it was not great, just under 104 F and we had to be up at 3 am to head to the airport! It was 6 pm.

After talking it through we decided peace of mind was needed so we called our Moscow translator and within a half hour a Doctor arrived at our Hotel Room. Not going home the next day was a possibility.....

The Doctor looked her over and said it was viral but not bad enough nor in her ears and we could travel. She gave Yulia a shot to bring her temp down and a list of over the counter meds to take with us on the plane.

When Yulia was given her needle, her eyes welled up and she looked at Amanda in the eyes and cried Mama. I tell you it almost brings tears to my eyes, she needs us and we needed her too. The next morning we were up at 3 am and on a plane to Paris connecting to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment