May 4, 2009
We began today after a very restless and night without much sleep. Natasha started her day at the court to get the signed approval of our adoption and then picked us up promptly at 11am. I spent the morning listening to the ipod, Kaelan did 2 hours of Math and Amanda packed the bag with Yulia's clothes, gifts for the caregivers and such.
I have to profess I chose the ipod to try and sooth my nerves. I think I have been driving Amanda nuts and KK too these past 2 days as everything seemed to go through my mind. Not good things but what could possibly go wrong things. Music does calm and soothe the soul.
Our first stop was at the Vital Statistics office. There we had to sign the registry book to signify her adoption and we obtained both an adoption certificate and a birth certificate. On both we of course are listed as Parents. They really are quite cool. All in Russian of course.
Then it was off to the Baby Home.
I recognize the sad part of this for Yulia. For the best part of this past year she has been very well cared for at the Baby Home and I would risk saying loved by many there. She is leaving behind a number of people that care about her. Tatiana, the program manager and chief care giver (my title) a truly lovely human being that cares very much about the children in the Baby Home. Her Doctors Natalia and Valentina, there were tears welling in Valentina's eyes as we were saying goodbye. The caregivers in her room who were very kind to us on this visit and of course the children in her room...her friends. We are so thankful for the love and care that she has been given here. It feels sad in a way. We have the email address and will do our best to send pictures and updates as we grow as a family and as Yulia grows.
Yulia was anxious today as we were not there at 10 am to pick her up and we were told that she was clearly upset that we were not there. Amanda passed over the clothes that she brought and within 15 minutes our baby girl was brought to us. She looked as pretty as a picture and for the first time it really felt like she was ours. It said so on paper and we did not have to bring her back. It has felt almost like baby sitting since we have been here.
Kaelan and Amanda were very excited and clearly proud. I think of the 3 of us Kaelan glowed the most. She was literally dancing while waiting for her little sister, Yulia is wearing a top that says Little Sister on it. Seemed like the best one for her to wear today.
So what now? 2 days of paper work. We have to get her citizenship and passport done here. It is Monday and we fly out to Moscow on Friday.
We began today after a very restless and night without much sleep. Natasha started her day at the court to get the signed approval of our adoption and then picked us up promptly at 11am. I spent the morning listening to the ipod, Kaelan did 2 hours of Math and Amanda packed the bag with Yulia's clothes, gifts for the caregivers and such.
I have to profess I chose the ipod to try and sooth my nerves. I think I have been driving Amanda nuts and KK too these past 2 days as everything seemed to go through my mind. Not good things but what could possibly go wrong things. Music does calm and soothe the soul.
Our first stop was at the Vital Statistics office. There we had to sign the registry book to signify her adoption and we obtained both an adoption certificate and a birth certificate. On both we of course are listed as Parents. They really are quite cool. All in Russian of course.
Then it was off to the Baby Home.
I recognize the sad part of this for Yulia. For the best part of this past year she has been very well cared for at the Baby Home and I would risk saying loved by many there. She is leaving behind a number of people that care about her. Tatiana, the program manager and chief care giver (my title) a truly lovely human being that cares very much about the children in the Baby Home. Her Doctors Natalia and Valentina, there were tears welling in Valentina's eyes as we were saying goodbye. The caregivers in her room who were very kind to us on this visit and of course the children in her room...her friends. We are so thankful for the love and care that she has been given here. It feels sad in a way. We have the email address and will do our best to send pictures and updates as we grow as a family and as Yulia grows.
Yulia was anxious today as we were not there at 10 am to pick her up and we were told that she was clearly upset that we were not there. Amanda passed over the clothes that she brought and within 15 minutes our baby girl was brought to us. She looked as pretty as a picture and for the first time it really felt like she was ours. It said so on paper and we did not have to bring her back. It has felt almost like baby sitting since we have been here.
Kaelan and Amanda were very excited and clearly proud. I think of the 3 of us Kaelan glowed the most. She was literally dancing while waiting for her little sister, Yulia is wearing a top that says Little Sister on it. Seemed like the best one for her to wear today.
So what now? 2 days of paper work. We have to get her citizenship and passport done here. It is Monday and we fly out to Moscow on Friday.






No comments:
Post a Comment