Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stage 2- A Sign

Well yesterday we got a call. Our travel agent called after the agency called and said, "It is time to get the Visa's"
We are to get 3 month Visa's this time around, so unless they are off and we have to do this again we have 9 weeks at maximum before we board a plane. This visit is a 3 week visit which will be made easier with Kaelan coming with us.
We have been busy since coming home and tonight the final coat of paint was put on the walls of Claire's room. Saturday the trim will be painted and Saturday evening I will put together her crib and we can set up the room with the goal of being finished for Sunday.
We have all the things we need to start out. Curtains are purchased and ready to hang, Bed linens and duvet all ready, stuffed toys, lamp and such as well.
It was quite the process to get everything out of the room and that took the best part of a day to get it prepared to paint. The color chosen celery something or other...a light green. It is really quite nice and will be nice and bright for her.
We have been keeping busy trying not to let it be harder than it has to be and I can tell you it has been really hard. When I got the call from the travel agent I was distracted for a good hour and a half at work only half listening and paying attention to what I was supposed to be doing. Yeah agreed...not that much different than most days!
As I am typing this there is a DVD playing of Claire behind me. We must have looked at the video dozens of times since being home.
In addition to having to get our Visa's we have been told to get our blood work again.....yes again! It had to be less than 3 months old for the file and now it also has to be less than 3 months for the court date. So once again we will be tested for syphilis and such. I feel like a sailor in the 1500's!!!! Need more rum though.
So that's it for now. Good thing that they do not monitor for STD tests because if they did Amanda and I would have a visit from public health officials soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting. I can't belive Claire will be home with you guys in less then three months. I really can't wait to meet her. I love you guys and you have stayed in my prayers.
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete