Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dance and You'll feel Betta



And so my journey to be awarded my blackbelt ended last Saturday evening when KJN Veronica DeSantos tied my belt and my journey as a Martial Artist began.






Our Black Belt Spectacular was a great eveing that around 350 friends and family shared with us. The 2 1/2 hours flew by and it was an evening that I will never forget. I was particularly proud to be chosen to perform my musical form which I designed to James Brown's song "Get up offa that thing" which Kaelan assisted me on stage. I was so proud to stand there with my team and it was quite overwhelming.






The evening was capped off with my friends and family coming back to celebrate and I was thrillled that KJN was able to join us for part of the evening.






So now what? Well I feel like my journey has just begun and I plan to continue to train and learn. I owe a debt to many that requires me to give back and I owe it to myself to honor my achievement. One of my proudest moments was walking around the circle of people who have their Black Belts and being congratulated by them, I felt sincere appreciation and fellowship.






Here is what I know for sure: I will train, I want to contribute, Kaelan wants to compete and I have a summer to get in even better shape so I can contribute to the 2012 balck belt candidates.


I leave you with a quote:


"Promise me that you will never forget me because if I thought you would I would never leave"

Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment