Saturday, March 12, 2011

Он находится в обучении


It is in the learning.


Four weeks ago I herniated my disc, this kind of fun should not only be reserved for the big brained folk that do not remember to bend their knees but should be enjoyed by anyone who loves a challenge.


I will be completely transparent and share with you that yesterday, I was the most miserable I have been since teething. After feeling like I had turned the corner I spent the day with a back that shared its discontent with the manner in which I had been treating it. It made it very clear that it felt it was the master and needed to be listened to. Sitting, standing, lying down or just about anything was not comfortable and not only that....my back got my hamstrings onside and it began to feel like my body had started an organising campaign and was about to strike!


So like any great capitalist I did what was the best thing to do, I dug in my heals, I got really bitchy
and blamed them. After all, I had been good to them iced, hot tubbed, massaged and just plain catered to them. So I asked them to do a little extra after being injured, I feed them and where would they be without me? Freakin selfish that is what they have become. Well I just might shut it down and we will see how that works with them! I took Advil and went to bed.


Saturday morning at 5:00 o'clock as the day begins, how could they do this to me? We, we gave him most of ourselves...sacrificed most of ourselves ....Did John and Paul know my back and hamstrings?


Today was about learning, we had a guest trainer today and she took us through an hour and a half of an amazing workout. I took care of myself and participated fully but was careful and avoided a few things that would have been sure to rouse the limbs and resulted in a grievance. It was magic! Sean reminded us all that Saturdays were a test, this was a great test for me and it gave me great learning.


I learnt that I need to pay attention but not get caught up in the crap. Four weeks in and I am at about 65% , I am asking a lot of my back by not resting and that will mean it will not be a quick fix but if I stop the uphill run would be harder. And for God's sake stop whining!


I think Anton Chekhov may have said it best.


"Any idiot can face a crisis- it's day to day living that wears you out."
The picture is the apartment that we stayed in while in Birobidjan, it was great fodder for the imagination and I enjoyed thinking about Chekhov and other writers while we stayed there. Great learning took place wile we were there. While it was built well after he died it was amazing being imersed in his culture and learning about Russian spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment