Friday, September 4, 2015

In my Life



There are many things in my life that make me smile or tear up and a great deal that I have to be grateful for, I try to stop and remember them as often as I can and then there are moments that imprint gratitude deeply into my soul.

About 20 years ago I was sent to the Toronto Bus station to pick up Amanda's Cousin and his Wife. I had never met either of them and had only seen pictures of Paddy. Little did I know the impact this would have in my life.

These past 20 or so years both Amanda and I have come to cherish the friendship that has developed over the years with these two. They have become a constant in our minds and our hearts.  What we seem to have in common most are our love of family, travel, music, laughter and honesty.

The imprinting came these past two weeks where we spent 8 fantastic days in Omagh with Paddy and Carmel. They are so easy to be around, so caring and so kind. Sharing their home and hospitality and omg lots of laughter.

Central to us all are our children: Niamh, Aoife, Kaelan and Claire. Our children have known each other since birth and I think Paddy and Carmel were among the first whom we shared our plans to bring Claire into our lives. We seem to have a similar approach to our kids honest, mature and accountable would be the themes that I think are most similar. Sure we have our differences but we enjoy them as much.

Seeing our 4 girls together is pure magic and something I could never have imagined. Seeing Kaelan sprawled on the couch with them and Claire is a picture and illustrates just how important they all are in our lives.

While we have met up in Florida with them the past two years, spending quality time in Omagh was so much more. An opportunity to have them experience all that Amanda cherishes about "home".

Amanda and I sat quietly last evening thinking and talking, reminiscing and laughing. What we both know is that having Paddy, Carmel, Niamh and Aoife in our lives makes our life so much more rich and special than it could other wise be.

In my Life...For that, I am so Grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment