It is a strange feeling knowing that 10 hours from now we will be preparing to take off on Air France headed to the next stage in our collective lives. Getting here has not been easy or without our share of stress. ( I wanted to use another word but in the end stress is the right word.)
I am somewhat speechless and have trouble writing right now. Perhaps it is the lack of sleep these past few days, perhaps it is the stresses of getting all organized at work or perhaps it is the anxious anticipation of seeing Claire. Yesterday at about 4 o'clock I had a calm and confident feeling come over me. It was as if in my mind and preparation I was ready for an event. It is a good feeling.
Amanda worked 14 hour days her last few days at work and arrived home at 10 pm on her last day before her leave. Poor thing. She is tired and there is little time to rest. A glasse of wine and a gravol should do it on the plane.
Kaelan is ready. Ms. Martin her teacher gave her a binder of work to do and a wonderful note. My God, people are really helping us.
I honestly am very taken back by the showing of care that we all have received. This has truly been a wonderful experience. Friends from Kaelan's school have blanketed us with care and wishes, people from work beamed yesterday as they wished us well, friends outside have continually heaped love our way, family has been so excited, I thought Ashley was going to do cartwheels last night. It is somewhat overwhelming. Thank you all. Yes George, we have packed diapers.
So while we are away there will be school for Kaelan. I am going to give it a name.....St. Thomas Perpetual Motion and Care. Kaelan will also conduct 3 Tae Kwon Do classes each week for her and I and of course it will be 8 hours of Claire daily until May 1, 2009 when she becomes ours.
OK so I hope I can do regular blog updates while we are gone. First should be Paris. Forecast is 19 degrees and cloudy. Perfect for wandering!
I am going to get the girls up now. When next we see you there will be a fourth member of the family to introduce to you. You will recognize the three of us easily, we will be the ones that are beaming with pride, Claire will be the one looking like she has entered an asylum and wants out!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment